Sunday, December 14, 2008

december 14: prosperity and gratitude

so i shared some of my other-than-excellent financial news the other day, and shared that i am tracking my every penny and being really really careful with my money and (supposed to be) eating only bananas, right? well, this weekend i kinda screwed up with the food, but i'll get to that later. here's the amazing thing...

i started tracking my money and paid off all the bills i could, which left me with right around $90 in my bank account to last me for 14 days. a few days later, a friend paid me for a book i gave her (i didn't ask for money, just gave her the book. she asked how much, and i said, "that's up to you. i want you to have it, and i don't need anything for it."), which covered the amount of money i had already spent on gasoline. then i got a refund, which covered the amount of money i had spent on bananas. then i got home this evening, and in the mail there was a $40 gift card from whole foods!!! i couldn't beleive it! so i tallied it all up, and i have about $90, between my cash, bank account and this gift card. can you beleive it??? somehow, i've managed to live almost normally for almost 10 days and haven't managed to decrease my net worth! that's incredible. i'm feeling very prosperous and very grateful. i wish i knew who sent me that gift card! whoever you are: THANK YOU!!!!!

(food wise i was very bad and ate dinner and brunch with my boyfriend. bad, cooked food bad. tasty, but bad.)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it when things like that happen. It's happened to me a lot before. I also loved hanging with you yesterday. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing when financial blessings come. You're doing a great job tracking your finances and putting yourself back on track :)

    The weekend is over, no more dwelling on what was consumed. Monday is upon us. Have a wonderfully fruity week ;)

    ReplyDelete