Saturday, December 6, 2008

december 6: cycles

i started my cycle on the 4th, 2 days ago. it's very painful. i've got cramps all over, my joints hurt, all kinds of crap. add to that being on my 7th day off cooked food - my body is in major detox mode, and still - STILL! - releasing mucus through my sinuses. all in all, i feel like crap again. i had about 2 days of feeling really great, and then boom-shaka-laka, back in bed. i tried to do yoga yesterday (i normally don't practice while on my cycle), and it was miserable. i had no strength, and had terrible gas and intestinal cramps to go along with all the other fun stuff. forget about front-side compression; i had to sit out a lot of the work.

this is what eating poorly does to me. it wrecks me. and i might not feel it same day, but it sure does come around later. learning to read the signs of what makes me feel better and worse is so important to my overall health and well-being. part of "catching up" right now is getting my body caught back up to the point where i'm no longer seriously detoxing and am just simply healing.

ooof. i don't feel like even so much as taking a walk. i also REALLY don't feel like taking another day in bed. hopefully this will soon pass and i'll be up and about. lord knows i have enough to do today.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better by now. No Yassi at yoga today. Maybe tomorrow I can catch her.
    XO
    Pixy Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have a neti pot? that is a great way to help release stuff that needs to detox from the nose. good luck with this cycle, hopefully the next one will be better :)

    ReplyDelete