Sunday, March 22, 2009

P90X Challenge - Day 7

I've made it through a whole week of doing the P90X! I'm not quite done yet - I've still got my KenpoX video to do today, but other than that I've done all the workouts and I've actually survived. Barely. I swear, I was so sore yesterday by the end of the day. I feel a lot better today. I actually rode my bicycle this morning, and that's my next phase of my challenge. In addition to all this yoga and exercise, to ride my bicycle around the neighborhood instead of the car or the scooter. That means that soon, very soon, I am going to brave the big hard world out there and ride my bike up to Whole Foods to go grocery shopping.

I've wanted to do that for the 2 years I've lived here, but there have been 2 things stopping me: once you cross the pedestrian bridge over the river, you've got 2 big obstacles when you're a scaredey-cat girl like me, and that's the traffic on Lamar and the HILL you have to climb. In traffic. There is a sidewalk, but it's not a wide one, and that makes me nervous, too. So I'm going to have to walk my bike up the hill, which increases the overall walking time of the trip, but I suppose in time it will get easier. I'd love to be at least a little more like DurianRider and say "this is my car" and point to my bicycle with a trailer hitched on back. In time, in time.

I had some weird cheats yesterday, speaking of DurianRider. He'd never cheat. I wonder what his transition process was like? He seems like the kind of extremist who can go 100% no problems. And I'm not saying "he's an extremist" in a negative way, I totally admire the dude, I think he's incredible - he just seems to have that hard-core personality type that doesn't need socialization and external affirmation and comforts, and who can look at his emotional struggles and just say, "eff it, I don't give a f_-_" and man, there just aren't a whole lot of people out there like that. Most of us need it a little easier, a little softer. So I'm sure that DurianRider would look at my cheats yesterday and he'd be like, "what the f_-_ did you do that for? that's not FOOD. That's garbage and not fit for human consumption!" But it did taste good. lol.

So I'm still doing tiny cheats, but not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment