Tuesday, November 11, 2008

november 11: poo-poo

i got my hair cut today. it looks great. and, after almost 3 months of no-poo, she shampoo'ed the living HELL out of my hair! at first, she was massaging my scalp with 2 different kinds of aveda oils, which felt good and smelled good and i was happy about that. and then, we hit the sink, and she had to get those heavy oils out and so she shampooed my hair like 3 times, and then conditioned it and then put something else in it, and then after she cut it, put some mousse in it and hit the blow dryer. it looks great, and i love lisa - she understands how to cut this big crazy mess o' hair - but man. my hair now feels like plastic. it feels totally stripped, nekkid, slippery, weird. and it doesn't smell right either. last night i washed my hair with a wonderful concoction of lemon juice, honey, jasmine oil and dr. bronner's. that was lovely. now it smells like... product. it's all aveda product, but it's product just the same. i hope this doesn't start me over from square one with my no-poo regime.

on the food thing today - i went to central market and actually found food i wanted to eat! i found a big beautiful seeded watermelon from mexico, and dates, persimmons, and bananas. i'm happy. i had watermelon for dinner and it was wonderful, so i'm going back tomorrow for more.

and interestingly enough - as soon as i ate that watermelon, it was like putting a massive purgative down my system. i haven't been pooing as much as i've wanted to lately, and man! one meal of watermelon, and all hell breaks loose! kapow! i think this is a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back. I don't think the shampoo will be too much of a setback for you. When I was going no-poo, I shampooed every once in a while (when I just couldn't stand it anymore until my hair leveled out.
    Good for you on the bananas. I'm working on getting myself back on track too.
    XO
    Pixy Lisa

    ReplyDelete