Friday, August 15, 2008

august 15: friday!

a really nice day. i woke up super-duper late - 9:30!!! - and my friend ron was coming over so i had to hustle to tidy up and take a shower and still get my smoothie and still do my rawfu and email. it was the first time he was at my house since i "finished" fixing it up (still lots to do, but i'm bizzy! i'm rawfuing!), and he said, "wow -it looks like a Style Bomb went off in here!" i loved that. i gave him a look that said, "style bomb - that would be me." we hung out in my casita for a mo' and then headed down to the daily juice and i had a nana smoothie with coco water. truly delish, but i gotta put the kibosh on the cocos. no more for awhile. time for truly, absolutely no overts. we were hanging out outside the 'juice, when this guy - not homeless, just a barton springs road pothead, keepin' austin weird for the rest of us - came up and said, "hey buddy, wanna buy a knife here for your girlfriend?" ok! like, i'm not ron's girlfriend. he had his chance and turned me down. but hey buddy wanna buy a knife for your girlfriend??? i love weird people. his sales pitch, to me, was that i could use that knife to protect myself against HIM. the salesman, the weird austin pothead. in case he, you know, attacked me, i could cut him with it cuz its a good knife! so my boyfriend, aka ron, should buy it for me. my first thought was, hey, maybe you shouldn't attack me? but i didn't say that. just kept saying no thanks until he walked away. then i turned to ron and said, "damn it, don't you want to buy me a knife?" to which he replied, "well, i'm looking at another one that i like a lot better..." love ron. he's, literally, a hoot.

so we were hanging out, he had to go to a meeting, i wanted to go to the pool and get my sunshine on, but it was cloudy and thick and humid, so i went to the coffeehouse next door to go to the bathroom, and the minute i stepped under the awning WHOOSH the heavens opened and the rains poured down! so i hung out at the coffeehouse and then went downstairs to the clothing store and bought an adorable bag i've been looking at for months and a cool new pair of shades and an awesome green dress and pink earrings to wear to my friend jade's wedding party tomorrow - she got married in FL a few weeks ago, this is her austin wedding party. in a minute, i'm heading over to my friend trishie's house to help her and jaimejo (www.jaimejofisher.com) make cupcakes for the party. in other words, a lesson in how not to lick ones fingers.

i did make it to the pool, eventually, and the oddest thing happened. while sitting at the 'juice with ron, this little tiny bee was hovering and floating around me and even crawled on my fingers. i asked it to go somewhere else, and it did. but would you know it followed me to barton springs pool! i was debating whether it was time to go or not, and i felt a fly on the back of my neck, so i swatted at it, and damn it! damn it! damn it! it was the BEE!! so it stung me, right where i couldn't catch it. i hopped around for a minute and the lady next to me was kind enough to pull the stinger out. poor bee. the weirdest thing tho - or the coolest - is that it only stung a little once the stinger was gone, and then a few minutes later i rubbed it and the scab came off, and now, 3 hours later, there's no irritation, no welt, no indication it even happened. how's THAT for an immune system?

i spent $111 on fruit at whole foods. couldn't help myself. i'm not sure what was the most expensive part, but it was all so yummy, i just couldn't refuse any of it. for dinner i had a ripe mango for appetizer, followed by a gorgeous salad of 1 pint blackberries, 1 pint raspberries, and 1 pint strawberries. yum yumyumyummnomnomnomnom yum yum....

hooray for 811! today i've had a nana-fig smoothie, a nana-coco smoothie, a big bunch of grapes, and a big bowl of berries and a really beautiful mango.

life is really good.

1 comment:

  1. It is so hot here right now and I have been ravenous for berries. I ate a pint of blueberries as a snack today and a pint yesterday too. I am currently working on a bag of cherries and I cut up these 2 super ripe peaches I got from the farmers market and sprinkled some cinnamon and nutmeg on them (I used some agave too but pretend you didn't hear that part) They are SO good, like peach pie filling, which we all know is the best part. Oh and dates... I am crazy for dates today!

    ReplyDelete