Saturday, August 2, 2008

august 2: mmm-mmmmm-mmm!!!

i opened my first durian this morning. not first ever, just first recently, and my first non-frozen. mmmmmm. and not even the best ever! some of the texture on this one was a little - crispy? maybe sarah can give me some insight on that. perhaps it wasn't ripe enough, although i was able to open it with my hands after only one small incision. still, so good though. i ate about 4 pods in my favorite way - in my underwear, standing over the kitchen counter! that's how i eat ALL my favorite foods! but then i took most of the rest of it and blended it up with 2 bananas so now i'm having the TRUE breakfast of champions - a durianana smoothie! yummy!

and i earned it, too, on my longest run so far! more than twice as far as the last time i was out, and towards the end of my park trail, there was some big guy huffing and puffing to get past me, and i just turned the motor on and kept him on my tail! yippee!!

day 2 is off to a brilliant start!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I wonder if my Asian market would have some "not frozen" durian. It is hotter than hell here! Whew! Don't even want to step my big toe out, much less RUN in this heat. I came home from yoga this morning and had a fat juicy watermelon. YUM!
    Congrats on scoring the durian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you liked it. i still don't have the guts to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still too scared to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "my favorite way - in my underwear, standing over the kitchen counter!"

    but that's my favorite way to eat my favorite fruit too!!

    i must try durian, eventually. i've never even seen it.

    ReplyDelete