Tuesday, August 19, 2008

august 19: raw fu like crazy person

wow - our 2nd mini-challenge is over tomorrow! wow! 20 days! 39 days for me. i'm proud of myself.

i have spent the whole evening geeking out on raw fu. like crazy person! so much to say, lots of comments to make and share. geek night.

and then i get here and blammo. nada. i got the nicest comment though today from one of the raw fu-ers who actually is reading this blog and thanked me for writing so much! lol! i'm such a big mouth, and someone is actually happy about it! thank you missvanilla! that means so much to me. it means a lot that someone is reading, it means a lot that any of this can be helpful to someone else.

there was a headline in The Onion the other day "Local Idiot Posts Opinion on Internet." a lot of times, that's how i feel, too! i don't have a sexy blog full of pictures and video - have no cameras - and i've spent no time trying to figure out how to make blogger look good. so this is just what it is. me posting my experiences.

part of 811 is teaching yourself how to eat a lot of fruit. and i do mean A LOT. i'm getting better at it. dr. doug says that cooked food eaters' stomachs are constricted and small, only really able to hold a very small amount of food, because cooked food is so concentrated and low in water. it's their bowels and livers that are bloated and enormous, not the stomachs. i'm not sure how this works with "stomach stapling," making the stomach even smaller, but god, what a horrible idea. so in order to eat your calories from fruit, which is full of water, you have to gently stretch the stomach in order to accomodate. wacky, right? but you know, it's working. i'm eating a lot more in one sitting than i ever would have dreamed possible, and i'm pretty comfortable afterwards. my energy, great. it's all good.

and oh, now i feel that lovely sinking feeling that is my body telling me that i have about 7.25 minutes before it's going to crash on the bed! i love how clear my body is with its messages.

2 comments:

  1. Ciao Rebecca,
    I really loved reading all your blog from the beginning, because I can relate so much to your fears and feelings... I have been raw for a while, but lately I ended up being a couch potato with too little respect for myself. Your story motivates me to kick my ass and start loving myself as it should be :-)
    Sara-Missvanilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl
    I read your blog everyday. Sometimes I comment on Raw Fu, sometimes here. I love that you post a lot too, and it really helps me know that I can do 811 too, fully, one day soon!

    Keep writin' and I'll keep readin'.

    XO
    Pixy Lisa

    ReplyDelete