Friday, August 22, 2008

august 22: il pleut

here i am in beautiful corpus christi texas, and my friends, it is RAINING!!! it's so beautiful, so perfect! it's raining and thundering and just wild and wonderful. i'm in my hotel and watching the rain and enjoying the pants off myself!! it's great. there's always a lull between storms, and then it picks back up again. but i might just get out there in a few minutes anyway just to enjoy the rain! it's been such a hot, dry summer, hot and dry since may, that i am really tickled by it raining on my mini-break vacation trip to the beach. i honestly can't think of a more perfect way to spend the day.

do i sound facetious? i hope not! i'm absolutely serious. i'm so happy right now. it's like, nothing can make me not happy.

i've had such a nice day. the drive down was awesome. i took the backroads, and for most of the trip, i was pretty much alone, so i could drive as fast or as slow as i wanted to. the skies were beautiful, we had one rainstorm, i stopped at a picnic area and took a video and saw some longhorn steers - that was very cool. i crack myself up listening to the video, because i talk to this 1000+ pound huge beast as if it were a kitten, "hi mr longhorn, aren't you a handsome beasty!" etc. super-dork! it was just really mellow, a great trip. i've had coconuts and bananas and mangos, as planned (although, the last one i had is giving me a little irritation around my mouth. hmmm)

it's just great to be here! i'm really happy right now.

2 comments:

  1. What part of Texas are you from? I'm in Denton (for school) but live in the Arlington area. I miss the rain we had a ton last week and it was really nice.

    Danieal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the rain is so nice after our hot, dry summer. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete