Saturday, August 9, 2008

august 9: no poo part 2 and The Dress!

i non-shampooed my hair again today, just dr. bronner's and vinegar rinse, followed by coconut oil while damp to control the frizzies. my hair's so hot, i want me! i defy anybody to tell me that i need to be shampooing my hair with chemicals. this works. that's all there is to it.

i've been laying out in the sun every day so i went to target and dug through their slim pickin's (so-called end of season. it's HOT here, and will be till october!) and got myself some sexy-hot string bikinis! i actually look almost good in them. there's still a lot of work to be done, but i feel absolutely no body shame anymore. i honestly love my body. my body's so hot, i want me! i defy anybody to tell me that i need to be feeding it protein and fat and supplementing it with chemicals and entertaining it with poisons. this works. that's all there is to it.

so i'm looking through my closet - i'm going to need all new clothes because the ones i have don't reflect this sense of love and attraction i feel for myself. nothing "matches" the way i feel about myself right now. but i dug one of my favorite dresses out (by the way, i have a very small wardrobe) that hasn't fit properly in a long time. i blamed it for shrinking, when in fact i was growing. but i threw that dress on over a skimpy little string bikini bottom, and it fit just fine and now i'm sashaying out the door to go meet my friend for tea! i defy anybody to tell me that getting older means getting old and that i can't wear a short skirt after 35! my body's barely 25, and it's just getting better.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, great that the dress fits you!

    Great about the no shampoo thing! I'm glad you're feeling so good. Just in my experience though, I use to wash my hair with Bronners too. I had noticed my hair dulling, but I thought it was my health, anyway after about a year I realized it was the Bronners leaving a residue on there! Blocking my natural shine after awhile. So just to mention, if you should notice such, of course if it works for you go for it, fore sure.

    The stuff just has lots of glycerin. A hair dresser who used to take pity on me & drag my apathetic butt into her salon for free (because I'm such a hippie I don't care half the time about whether or not my hair gets cut properly), told me that was why it dulled my hair. But yeah, that's just me.

    I love water daily period, sometimes I use a wash cloth on my hair & once a week or two I use (strained) fresh lemon juice.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I am feeling about my clothes too. I got rid of a whole bunch, it felt great! They were so baggy and I am in the mood to not hide how I feel. Isn't it great?

    ReplyDelete