Tuesday, August 26, 2008

august 26: catching up

a smidge of good news (well, it's all good, but i really dig this particular bit!) today is the 2nd day in a row that i've just woken up a little after 6am on my own, no alarm. this has been such a goal of mine, to be able to wake up early. last night, i crashed out at 10pm, so that's another 8 hour sleeping gig, but it got me up at 6, so i'm happy!!

what i'm not so terribly happy about is this terrible gas pain i'm feeling. i feel like i have a blockage in my descending colon. it's old, old stuff, and the blockage that i can feel has been in this spot for about a week or maybe longer, i can just feel it now. i feel like nothing can get past it unless it is squeezed past, and it's creating a back up and lots of gas. i have gas pains in my left leg - when i wake up, that's actually what's waking me up, not the pleasantest, and i'm not eliminating the way i want to be. i keep hoping it's going to take care of itself, and now i think i'm going to have to go for a colonic. not that i mind, i enjoy them, but i was hoping i could do it on my own! i think its just too big. it needs to be broken up. i'm going to call brenda first thing this morning.

i'm working on my teeth now. that's the next frontier. i have a laundry list of tooth problems, and while i've had some success in improving them on 811, i confess that those improvements have been short-lived. they haven't gotten worse on 811, just not better, and i want better. i've started eating greens again, with a technique called "wadging," in which you chew and chew and chew a mouthful of greens and swallow the liquid but not the fiber. so far i've been wadging baby spinach, which doesn't leave a whole lot of fiber to spit out, so i've been swallowing that, but i think that's the best way to eat tougher greens like kale. it's similar to making a green smoothie, just blending it in the mouth. you're supposed to chew your green smoothie to mix up the saliva and start the digestion in the mouth, which i never do, but wadging! i'm chewing each mouthful around 300 times. the benefits of this is getting the chlorophyll of the greens in the mouth, very healing, keeping it there! and the fiber in the greens cleans the teeth without scrubbing and massages the gums, and the chewing itself strengthens the gums and tooth roots. in the 2 days i've been doing it, i've seen immediate improvements in my mouth - gums not bleeding, less sensitive, teeth less sensitive. my mouth this morning is a little cottony, but it doesn't have that stagnant feeling. i feel almost kissable! i've made an appointment - 2 of em - for september to get my teeth cleaned and prepped for having my mercury amalgam fillings out. because my teeth and gums are SOOOOO sensitive, i've been really dreading the procedure. plus, my dentists are clients of mine, so i don't want to go in there a mess! i want to go in there with a strong, healthy mouth. can a month of wadging bring about a miracle? that's my hope. i care less about their professional opinion than i do about being able to tolerate the procedure. and i also want to get to a point where they aren't going to be tempted to suggest a DIFFERENT procedure beforehand, because that's what happened to me last time. i went in for a cleaning and consult to get my fillings out, and ended up getting a periodontal scaling that i don't think helped anything. so this time, i want to be able to confidently say, "i know my gums aren't perfect, but they're getting better. take the fillings out, let me do what i'm doing, and once all the fillings are out and i've had 6 months to heal, if the gums are still bad, then we'll fix them." i think taking the fillings out is going to make all the difference in the world. i think it's going to improve my eyesight. i'm going to wadge with cilantro as my chelation protocol. now i just have to figure out how i'm going to pay for all this. i don't want it to take 3 years! either the payment or the filling removal.

in the meantime, all is well. the reintroduction of greens is helping my mouth, but not my gut, so i'm going to give my gut a helping hand. i've decided, also, not to fight the tahini - you can't fight the tahini! it's such a calcium-rich food, i'm going to use it on a daily basis in addition to the wadging to help increase the bone density in my jaw and hopefully reset this wiggly tooth. i'm brushing with a rotation of plain water, H2O2, and IPSAB tooth powder. i also have some "tooth soap" that i might try to use again. i've tried so many different products on my teeth. sigh. i hope the wadging works. i hope getting the fillings out works.

it's not such a big topic out there in the raw world. we talk more about colons than mouths. we talk about eating, but it's almost like the mouth is treated as the pleasure center, it's just there, and then we're fascinated by what goes on in the murky depths that we can't see. so i'm on a campaign to talk about the mouth. my mouth needs help! (it needs kisses too! perhaps more of those are on the way???)

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Baby, I don't know about the Colonic thing. I'm in touch with a 811 women who had one months ago & it's really kinda messed her up for awhile. Those things are so dangerous & plain unneccesary. Don't just take my word for it! At least ask about it on Dr. Grahams 811 forum, or just search the forum as they have talked about such procedure before too, but I'm sure they will give you an earful on a new post too.

    http://www.vegsource.com/talk/raw/index.html

    Your body knows what to do, you can be patient! Patients is key. You CAN trust your body. Hey, it's doing it now anyway, otherwise you wouldn't be feeling this in your colon. I bet your body is breaking it up already! And gas is a natural detox symptom when your colon is healing itself & getting back to it's natural shape. Anyway get more opinions from those already living the 811 lifestyle for years.

    And not sure why you are avoiding the fiber of greens? You know on 811 it's recommended 1 to 2 pounds of greens a day, fiber and all. Juicing is discouraged.

    Most prefer the sweet tender lettuce greens. Kale has nothing that the sweet tender greens don't also have in the perfect ratios and amounts. Most 811ers stop eating pot greens like kale & such as the taste becomes to strong as ones taste buds heal.

    Although it's GREAT you are chewing so nicely, you are inspiring me!!! I need to do better about that myself.

    That's great about getting your metal out & that you're using toothsoap. Toothsoap is too awesome!

    I would say be careful with the Tahini, when I go just a littler high fat for like 3 days my teeth get loose & painful. As soon as I get off the fat it goes away & I feel better. It's totally fat related, very interesting.

    Fats/Tahini are very addictive, I know. I say try it & see if it works for you, but be a warrior & fight the Tahini if needed (the cravings will go away eventually).

    You can make sure you're staying in the 10% range on www.nutridiary.com, you know?

    Anyway sorry to go off! I'm no expert & you are doing soooo good! This is just my 2 cents so, with love, take it or leave it.

    Have a great week!!

    Love,
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete