Saturday, August 2, 2008

august 2: seriously hot

not just the temps outside, although austin is heading for a record-breaking summer if things don't change soon. we've been above normal since MAY!! baby, that's hot! but you know, you do get used to it. but me (my blog, all about me)!! me, i'm seriously hot! i look so completely different than i did when i took those "before" pictures. i've gotten some sun, so i'm not so blanched, and i've lost weight. it's noticeable. people are starting to talk. and i'm really enjoying the girl in the mirror. it's so much fun when that happens, when the girl in the mirror starts to match the girl in my head. and the really odd thing - maybe i'm just getting used to the pictures, but i'm starting to like the girl in the pictures a lot better. i just noticed that. she's starting to look like somebody else to me now, and i can see where she's cute. it's a very interesting phenom.

i had a really fun day today. my friend marc took me out for my very first ever kayak voyage!! we just floated around on barton creek, and i attempted to paddle. ha! he is a schoolteacher of very small kids, so he was blessedly patient with my feeble attempts. eventually, i gave up and let him do all the work. he was doing it anyway! but it was so nice to just float around in the sunshine after having done my yoga practice. hope to do it again soon!

811 is still going strong. it feels so natural to me already, i don't have much to say about it. i was all liquids today, except for one date, and that worked out just fine. it's simple, it's easy, it makes me happy, what more could there be? the thought that there is more, 'round the bend, more progress, more satisfaction, more ease, is just the nicest thought ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment