Sunday, August 24, 2008

august 24: no poo update

i just spent the weekend at the beach, of course, i got in the pool, of course, and spent a lot of time outside, of course. on no poo, my hair is soft and shiny and feels really good, and looks really wild, which is how i like it best. i was just sitting here playing with it, and i noticed: it doesn't have that "hair" smell. it smells good.

it's been really nice not to shampoo my hair. it's not oily at all. the first couple of weeks, it got oily, but not any more. it's just really nice. i'm sold!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I am a raw fu member too. I tried the no poo for about 10 days and my hair was the yuckiest texture, very oily and when I brushed it it just felt like it was sticking to my head and very,very heavy no volume. My hair is about chin length and very thick. I finally gave in and washed it, but I am still interested in trying to make this work. I normally wash my hair only two times per week, so now I am trying to get to once every 10 days or more if I can handle it. I just want to know that my hair will lighten up and not feel so heavy. ANy ideas on the matter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the no-poo thing too. Took a couple of months for my hair to totally work itself out. I use a little Aubrey Organics shampoo with no suds every once in a while. Like once every month or so. My hair feels so much softer and it's much shinier and managable than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sara -

    the first 2 weeks, i had the same problem. i washed with dr. bronner's soap and rinsed with vinegar, did this twice, and that seemed to take care of the heavy oily spots. i also swim (or at least dip in the pool) a few times a week and rinse my hair out fairly regularly with a scalp massage. i think eating the low-fat way has also made a huge difference in the oil production of my scalp and skin in general.

    ReplyDelete