Friday, August 29, 2008

august 29: cleaning house

i've been off-blog for a few days. lots of raw fu stuff going on, and just finding it hard to find the time, finding it hard to have much to say here after being on the forums for hours over on raw fu. what else is there to say?

first, to catch up - i DID have my colonic, and i'm feeling much better about it. i'm very glad i did it. the blockage in my sigmoid colon is gone and while i'm still having some residual gas, that is also improving and i'm feeling much better. i've altered my protocol slightly in terms of what i'm eating and some of my dental care, so i'm going to blog about that today.

the colon hydrotherapist of course told me to cut back on the sweet fruits and to include more "heat" in my diet and lifestyle, as i'm "damp." ugh. whatever. TCM to me is so full of flaws. i'm in a hot room for 5 hours a day and i get sun exposure to my belly every day and i never spend any time in AC below 80 degrees. that's enough heat for one lifestyle, i think. she also wants me to eat more proteins and more fats to "counteract" candida. not that she noticed any candida during my treatment. i don't think i have a problem with candida anymore. and, i beleive dr. doug, that candida is caused by excess fat, not sugar. what she did say was that she was seeing a lot of undigested food. that, i'll buy. while i've been chewing my greens very well, i tend to inhale my fruit. so i'm back to smoothies. primarily watermelon for now. mono-fruit smoothies all day. that's protocol change #1.

i'm still wadging, but i've moved it now to the end of the day instead of early or whenever i'm in the car. my goal is to wadge 2 whole romaine hearts each day. i like romaine for wadging better than baby spinach. protocol change #2.

i'm having my tahini. i did an exhaustive nutridiary consult and my calories are remaining in the 6% range from fat, and that's including my tablespoon of tahini each day. as long as i feel like my body wants it, i'm going to have it. and i know the difference between a body desire and an addiction. the body desire is very clear and knows exactly when to stop, the addiction keeps going long after the body is satisfied. the addiction is never satisfied. one thing that the therapist suggested that resonated in my body was to add some spirulina just to get some extra amino acids to help support my liver. i let that suggestion move through my body and i found that it really resonated, so i've been doing that the past nights - adding 1/2 tsp to my 1 tbsp of tahini, with a dash of cayenne pepper (for heat). that's protocol change #3.

i've started oil pulling in the mornings as part of my dental protocol. i've read good things about it, and my teeth and gums need extra support which they aren't getting from just sweet fruit. of course, minor miniscule amounts of the oil are being absorbed while i'm oil pulling, and i'm ok with that. most of it gets spit out. that's protocol change #4.

so far, i'm noticing good benefits from all of these changes. my teeth are responding well to the oil pulling. my gums are responding very well. my plan is to continue doing it until i'm finished with all of my fillings, and then hopefully my mouth will be healthy enough to carry on with water and flossing. my mouth is also responding well to the wadging, and oddly enough, to the smoothie! i swish it around and it feels really good. my digestion has become much less gassy - still a little, but nowhere near as much. overall, i'm happy with this protocol, and i don't need anyone to tell me that the spirulina and the oil pulling aren't in alignment with 811. i know that. it's called a TRANSITION. and to me, it feels very beneficial. when it is time to change it, i'll know.

6 comments:

  1. I did a consult with Doug Graham and I asked him about the gas I was experiencing in the beginning. He told me that the air in smoothies could cause gas. He didn't say not to drink them just that it could be a reason for the gas. Good Luck!

    :) Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so great how in tune to your body you are. i hope that i will at some point be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good lord, connie! if it ain't one thing, it's another, right??? LOL! i'm just going to keep trying this for a month and then hopefully i'll get back to chewing in time for apple season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! uh-huh! :) I just thought I would share that because he seemed unconcerned about the gassiness that was shocking to me. For me to get the amount of fruit he was suggesting I had to do the smoothies because I could not down a dozen bananas. I kept on with my celery and nanner smoothies and eventually my system worked it all out and I could go out in public again! lol!

    Blessings!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great! So proud of you!!!
    I did some oil pulling for a while and it made my teeth a lot whiter. Are you noticing that? I found some raw sesame oil online and used that. It was much easier for me to take than coconut or olive, which seemed too heavy.
    XO
    Pixy Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh I am so interested in oil pulling. I actually learned of it on the 811/vegsource forum early this year & don't remember anything negative about it.

    Anyway thanks for the reminder! I'm gonna see about that.

    ReplyDelete