Friday, July 18, 2008

July 18: detox-o-rama!

I had a wheatgrass shot. The last time I had one, I had to take the morning off, so I decided to have one this morning, since it was already my day off. Oof. I can’t really think about it right now.

My nose is running, my belly is churning. I still can’t handle it. This upsets me.

Of course, I also made the mistake of “chasing” my wheatgrass juice with a “bloody mary” from the juice bar at whole foods. Deeee-licious! AND! Jalepenos, garlic? On a stomach that is empty save 2 oz of wheatgrass? I was only able to drink about 2 oz of the bloody mary, which was a bummer, because I think it’s what I need to get me over my vegan breakfast taco – tomatoes, celery, jalepeno, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, spinach and kale. Strong stuff, very tasty, but not highly recommended as a chaser. I’m burping garlic an hour later.

I don’t really do raw garlic. I know it has a lot of merit, but when I was at the Tree, we didn’t use it (for spiritual purposes), and as a bikram yoga teacher, raw garlic pouring out through my sweat is not exactly professional or appropriate. I’m stinky enough as it is. And I’m off spicy foods in general, so that jalepeno is kicking around with the garlic and having a party. Wish I was invited.

I’ve sent some cherries down there to calm things down. We’ll see if that works or makes things worse.

Quickly re-read in Green for Life, it took Victoria Boutenko a YEAR on green smoothies before she could handle wheatgrass juice, and that was after being 100% raw for like 10 years. Good. I’m going to give myself a break and not try it again at least until after the 100 day challenge is through!!

No comments:

Post a Comment