Tuesday, July 22, 2008

july 22: could this be detox?

Odd-servations. This morning I made like the WORST smoothie ever. Or at least, yet. It was kinda gnarly. I was going for a savory angle, I had tomatoes and cilantro and wanted it to be like a v-8, but I didn’t have any cayenne or any anything, so it just turned out kinda... uninteresting and hard to swallow. i perservered. i had most of it. but it was not my favorite.

so this evening, i was in my yoga practice, and in my first breathing, dropping my head back, i felt this ENORMOUS tension across my neck and shoulders, total trapezius seizure. and my back hurt and i was tense and sore and tired and i had a lousy class. i could barely move my head!

so, the back of the neck is a storage area for mercury toxicity. cilantro is one of the most potent mercury chelators known to science. did me taking cilantro in my smoothie cause a mercury detox? that would be both totally bizarre and very very cool.

i tend to trust my gut. if i get a hunch that something is something, i tend to agree with it and not overthink it too much.

2 comments:

  1. VERY interesting. I did not know that about cilantro... please keep us updated on how long your neck tension lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the spatula tip... I will try it next week and let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete