Thursday, July 24, 2008

july 24: 80/10/10 begins

this morning i did something i have never done in my life, much less in my life as a raw foodist. i put 3 bananas in the vitamix with some water. made plain banana milk. it’s delicious.

i’ve never liked bananas. i really don’t like bananas in any sort of fruit smoothie, because all i can ever taste is the banana. i only like bananas in my green smoothies. but i love this plain banana froth! why is that? maybe because all this time, my body was trying to tell me to skip the other stuff and just have the bananas?

i’ve pretty much always had bananas with nuts. so just sitting here and drinking 3 bananas is like – whoa! it’s kinda cool. and it never ever occurred to me!

we raw foodies like to mix things up. making a single ingredient smoothie is wacky too!

this is such a new step for me. i didn’t think it would feel this significant.

2 comments:

  1. sometimes for dessert I just slice a frozen banana into little pieces and savor them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I haven't been keeping up with your blog! But this is so wild. Today for the first time I made "nana milk" for my son, with just banana, water, a little vanilla and ice cubes. He loved it.

    ReplyDelete