Monday, July 21, 2008

july 21: thanks everybody

The response to my cry for help was really really wonderful. Thank you so much. This is the hardest part. It’s not hard to eat raw. That’s easy. It feels good. What’s hard is that most men don’t get it, and that it takes me out of the social scene. My girlfriends get who I am in a heartbeat, but men just don’t. I don’t know why. I can’t figure it out. my friend the GR8 Wendini said this evening, “the only thing wrong with you is that you think there’s something wrong with you.”

So I’ve added another challenge to my 100 Days Raw. I’m extending my “not looking” phase. I’m going to go another 100 days NOT LOOKING. If I’m serious that eating raw food is more important to me than finding my life partner, then, well, I’ve got to walk my talk. Eating raw food is not more important than HAVING my life partner, but it is more important than LOOKING for him. Does that make sense? Since I don’t have him, then I am my own life partner, and wanting something I don’t have is just a recipe for suffering. I only know of 3 things in this world that can truly alleviate my suffering, things that I can do on my own that don’t “require” others, and those are:

Loving What Is (aka doing The Work of Byron Katie)
Doing Yoga
Eating Raw Food

Doing The Work keeps my thinking healthy. Doing yoga keeps my body fit. Eating Raw Food takes care of everything else. Maybe if I can apply myself to those 3 pursuits, then I won’t need to look. Maybe I’ll become a radiant attractor, and the love will come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment