Sunday, July 27, 2008

july 27: a craving hits

this hasn't really happened before, but right now i really want chips. not just any old chips. i want sun chips garden salsa chips. like, i really want them.

but i don't. not really. of course not. they would be so salty, and just pure addictive crack-junk. they were my last, newest discovery right before i climbed up on the raw fu wagon, something i didn't even know about before the end of june. and i haven't had them in over 2 weeks, obviously. none of my other addictions are speaking to me right now. just that one.

i'm eating barhi dates in an effort to squash this stupidity. barhi dates are just too good to be beleived. just about my fave date variety. they are sooooooooooooo sweet!

i don't think i had enough calories for "lunch." i had about a dozen figs for snack before i went to teach my noon class, and then 2 1/2 peaches and a huge cucumber after the noon class. and then the craving hit. luckily i packed some dates for emergencies like these. i think dates are a handy, high-calorie, easily transportable option, even if they aren't totally the freshest things ever. i want to order some so i can have lots on hand.

this friday, august 1, starts the challenge! the official start! i've been thinking about this. i've had lots of "last hurrahs" before starting a diet or a raw-switch, but i've never really planned a REALLY AWESOME first day. a friend of mine gave me a gift certificate to a really posh spa out in the hill country, and i think i will use it for a half-day spa retreat, massage and hot tub and who knows what else, and then i'm going to go to the asian market and get a durian and cross my fingers that they have jackfruit too! the durian won't be ready right away, but still, just to have it will be a treat. and maybe, just maybe, i'll go to the mall. just for fun.

4 comments:

  1. Trust me! As someone who flip flops, the chips ARE NOT WORTH IT. I know you know already, but the power of cravings can get ridiculous. I'm personally happy with transitioning slower, BUT it does hurt more to give in (as I'm sure you can guess).

    ReplyDelete
  2. a spa day sounds like a great AWESOME first day. I may do that too as I am due for the monthly massage I treat myself to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea to plan an awesome first day. What a great way to start a challenge.

    I don't know if there are any other Bikram studios in Austin, but did you ever think about taking a class at a different place on your day off? Then maybe it wouldn't feel like a "day on".

    XO
    Pixy Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh i want to spa too! cool blog.

    ReplyDelete