Saturday, July 19, 2008

July 19: awesome smoothie goodness!

This morning’s smoothie:
1 banana
½ clamshell fresh, organic raspberries
about 10 fresh, organic strawberries
1 plump kiwi
3 huge leaves of rainbow chard
2” piece of aloe
just enough water

it’s my first CHARD smoothie. I’ve been a hard-core, I LOVE KALE kinda girl all along. And I do, I love love love kale, especially dinosaur kale. But hmmmmm…yummmmm! Chard is especially mild and smooth! It’s soft in flavor and texture, meaning it has disappeared utterly into my smoothie and just left me with banana-berry-kiwi flavorificness.

And kiwi loves berries. If you’re making a berry smoothie, especially rasp-or-straw, putting a kiwi in just kind of pumps up the flavor and sends it into that realm of “wow! Great berries!” and you don’t really notice the kiwi itself. And it’s got all that vitamin C and all those tiny little seeds. Kiwi rocks and you don’t have to peel it! It’s like a peach, only browner and burlier. More down-under, all tough guy on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment