Saturday, July 19, 2008

july 19: 100% is THE MAGIC!

Watching the blogs and websites yesterday and all the pictures that people had posted, what became totally obvious to me is that the magic, The Magic, happens at 100%. Not 95% or 80% - nothing wrong with being “high raw” it’s an excellent start and a vast improvement over being “low raw.” But the MAGIC happens at 100%. At 100%, people get lean and sparkly. Not necessarily too thin, just lean. They drop the poisonous pounds.

From February 29 through April 29 of this year, I was 100% High Raw. I was 100% raw with the exception of some salad dressings, specifically the Cashew Tamari dressing at Mother’s cafĂ©. And I ate a lot of that dressing! I lost some weight, but it was slow, slow going. I wondered at the time if it was the dressing that was getting in my way, but I kept on eating it.

So this time, wow, for the past week (one week down, 51 to go)! I have been eating 100% 100% RAW. Nothing cooked, nothing processed, no exceptions. I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror, and my “food baby” belly was looking a little smaller! That was a first! So I grabbed my trusty tape measure and went to work, and here’s what I got:

July 14 july 19
Waist: 28” 26”
Abdomen: 33” 31”
Thigh: 22” 21 ¾”

This is HUGE! Like, OMG! This did not happen at 95%, or at whatever percentage 100% minus (4oz of very rich and cooked cashew-canola oil-tamari-sugar dressing each day) would equal. Nothing happened. I complained to my coworkers about being raw and not losing an ounce. It took a good 3 weeks, I think, to drop down a pound or 2 and stay down. It was very frustrating. I felt great, but it was slow.

The other difference between now and then: then I was doing a lot of nut milks and cacao and maca and other superfood powders. I was getting a rich and creamy delicious Raw Chocolate Milk from the Daily Juice EVERY DAY! It was all-raw, but it wasn’t all-fresh.

I honestly believe that its true, on the raw food diet, calories don’t matter. Especially when people are starting out – the switch to raw and high-raw is all that matters. What’s happened to me, over time, is that 1) I’ve been such a yo yo, going on and off, that I have messed with my system. I won’t say my metabolism, because if that had ground down to a halt, I’d be a lot heavier than I am. I will say that my body has become very efficient and doesn’t need a whole lot, but it’s also quite confused – it knows how to handle the good stuff, and the bad stuff it just shoves in a corner. The outer corners of my lower back. 2) I don’t need nuts anymore! When I first went raw, I ate so many nuts, it was remarkable. And nut milks and nut butters and just all-nuts, all the time. I couldn’t imagine a meal without nuts or seeds or oils of some sort, because how can you get through the day without those calories? But now, I just don’t need them or want them, and when I have them, in excess, on a daily basis, it slows everything down. And not just weight loss.

So yippee skippee! One week and my belly has deflated by 2”! I’m convinced. 100% is the magic.

Seeing this helps me dare to put up some “goals.” Because of the slow process last time, I had started to believe that raw foods weren’t “working” for me anymore, that they would make me feel good, but not necessarily look good, that looking good was beyond my realm of possibility, that I had messed it all up. It’s such a relief to feel this incredible forgiveness from my body! I mean, I was sooooo frustrated! I felt like all I did was exercise and eat very well, and that I ended up looking like I really needed to exercise and eat better. Its 100% raw, folks. If you don’t have that athlete’s build, or weren’t an athlete as a kid, if you don’t have that lean muscle composition already, the only way to get close is to go 100%.

Ahhh. So my goals:
Weight: 105
Waist: 24
Abdomen: 28
Hip: 35”
Thigh: 19 ¾”
7 minute mile
25 boy push ups
4 hour marathon
top 3 texas women Bishnu Charan Ghosh Yoga Competition 2009 (2008 I just want to participate)

No comments:

Post a Comment